new layout
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Grannie
Over the next 2 days we will say our final farewell to Grannie. I have so many memories of this woman that I can not begin to list them all. She was the lady that taught me so much through her actions, her words, and her lessons. She was patient enough to teach me some of her sewing skills, let me drive her in the red ford to the grocery store when I had my learners permit, filled my stomach more times than I can count, and gave me a bed to sleep in or a place to go in between activities. She hosted sleepovers, family holiday events, breakfast after church, birthday parties and more. I witnessed a woman that looked for the good in everyone, loved Jesus Christ and her church, was devoted to her girls, and never asked for pity or showed weakness. She was tough as nails to the end, my Grannie experienced a life with hardships but that did not define her. I would say that KINDNESS defined Grannie. So as we prepare to say our final good-byes I am imagining what her welcome into heaven was like with my Grandpa first in line to greet her, and so many more that she was waiting to be reunited with again. May her soul and the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment