new layout

Monday, July 8, 2013

Beautiful Big Sisters

 
 
 

I thought I was more prepared this time around.  I distinctly remember being in the hospital with Mia - and when Aubrey walked through the door to meet her little sister it was like she had aged overnight.  She now seemed so grown up compared to the night before - and she was only 26 months old!

So this time I prepared myself to see Aubrey and Mia as bigger girls once Kendall arrived.  I had seen it happen before and I thought I was ready for it to happen again.  But I wasn't.  My little girls seem so big again - both of them.  Aubrey is 6 years old, she is a fabulous helper with both Mia and Kendall, but I am not sure I am ready to accept how grown up she is.  And Mia - well up until 3 weeks ago she was my baby.  I realize that she just turned 4 and is far from a baby, but again in the last 3 weeks she seems so much more grown up. 

I know that I heard my parents and grandparents say it when we were little but the time is flying by.  Too fast for my liking, I want to slow it down and enjoy this time when they are little.  I keep asking Mia to not grow up and stay little just for me.  She giggles and says she will try.  I know that it won't work, and really I don't want it to (kind of).  I love to see personalities form and to see who they are becoming, but I just feel like it is happening too fast!

No comments: