There is nothing monumental about a 6 year anniversary, I’m fairly certain it is not as celebrated as a 5 or 10 year anniversary. But you know what a 6 year anniversary does mean? You have made it yet another 365 days. In our case we have survived another 365 days without a man that meant so much to us. In those 365 days I was reminded again that loss is difficult and different for everyone. In those 365 days I watched yet another friend lose her father too soon. By now you might think that I have a really good speech for these situations, but I don’t. Grief is a strange path, and everyone travels that path differently. There is no right or wrong, the only right way is whatever brings you peace and comfort.
For me, peace and comfort comes from my family. My husband and girls are my greatest source of serenity. Their presence, their love, and their understanding are my daily reminder that life goes on, and we are blessed beyond measure.


No comments:
Post a Comment