new layout

Friday, June 13, 2014

Kendall Christine - 1 year old 6.12.14

Kendall Christine –

12 months ago you came into this world.  12 short months – or at least they went fast for me.  Little lady, you light up our world!  Life with Aubrey and Mia was pretty great; we had two healthy and energetic little girls.  But I had no idea that adding one more little girl would bring such joy to all of us.  Of course your Dad and I love you so much – it has been awhile since we went through the baby milestones and I think I can safely say we are both enjoying it again.  But your big sisters, I hoped that they would be excited to have a baby in the house and to have a little sister, but I underestimated just how much they would enjoy it.  They fight over your attention and when your giggles are directed in their direction they have smiles that no one else can duplicate.  Their love for you is endless.

 On the day you were born your Dad and I were fairly calm.  We had been through this process 2 times already.  I was excited and ready.  I wanted to meet my little girl and hold her in my arms.  I wanted to introduce you to your sisters and see how they would react to finally getting to see you.  You made your arrival a bit exciting, I spent more time in the operating room than expected.  I remember laying there thinking I wonder what she is doing, I wonder what she looks like, I can’t wait to hold her.  But the doctors and nurses took great care of me and soon I was reunited with you and Daddy.

 At one year old you are:

·         Walking – it has been over a month since your first steps, but by now you are confident and you take off all by yourself.  You can even correct yourself if you start to fall or need to turn a different direction.

·         Talking – Mama, Dada, Hi, Baby, Puppy.  You babble nonstop and try to say so many words.  We are working on Mimi (Mia) and BreeBree or Aubee (Aubrey).

·         Signing – you know the signs for milk, bird, and all done.  We are working on more, please, and thank you.

·         You love to stand at our front window and watch the birds – you make the sign for bird and work on saying “Tweet, tweet.”  You get very excited when you see the birds move or fly, it is pretty cute.

·         You are very wiggly.  You rarely sit still for a diaper change or to put your clothes on.  You love to flip over and either crawl away or stand up and look out the window.

·         You love bath time.  When we say “bath” you take off for the bathroom and stand beside the tub.  Lately you have started to lift your leg like you are going to crawl into the tub on your own.  You especially love baths with your sisters.  The more the merrier!

·         You have 8 teeth.  You have had them since you were 5-6 months old.  Your sisters didn’t get their first tooth until 9-10 months.

You resemble both of your sisters.  You and Aubrey share beautiful blue eyes (courtesy of your Grandpas).  When I look at baby pictures of your sisters I see similarities with both of them.  You look at lot like Mia in your face shape, chin, cheeks.  Mostly you just fit in and look like one of the Schwieso girls.

I can’t believe how fast time is going.  I am trying to soak up every second with you at this age because soon you will be learning new things and I don’t want to forget what you were like at one year old.

No matter how much time passes or how much you change and grow you should always remember just how much I love you.  There will be times where you will question my decisions and you will be mad when I tell you no.  But throughout all of those times just remember my love for you won’t end.  You will always be one of my girls.

Lots of Love,
Mommy

No comments: