My Miss Mia,
You were born on the 2nd of July, our little firecracker. Each month I take a picture of you on the 2nd - to mark a milestone and see how you have changed. On November 2, 2010 our life was changed forever. That morning I took a picture of you in your highchair eating breakfast. And later that morning our world was shaken to the core. Your "Poppy" was killed in a car accident. We all miss him so much. You were his special buddy - there was something about him that when he walked into the room your face lit up. And when you cried to be put in someone's arms besides Mommy & Daddy - you lept to sit by your Poppy.
So now I apologize that on the 2nd I have a hard time celebrating your milestone - because it also marks a difficult milestone for all of us. We miss Poppy terribly and our hearts ache and feel like a piece is missing now. But when I look at you I am reminded why life goes on - and I am reminded that I can smile again. You are our sweet baby girl - and on the 2nd of the month I celebrate the day that you made us a family of four.
All my love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment